PSI Bridge application information
Applications for the 2023 PSI Bridge Program are now closed. The 2024 PSI Bridge Program application will be open beginning of February 2024.
- Application deadline: March 24, 2023 (applications may be considered after this deadline until all positions are filled)
- Reference forms deadline: March 31, 2023
- Selection timeline: Participants will be selected by the end of April 2023.
- PSI Bridge: May 2023 to December 2023 (with a break in August)
Who should apply?
- Excellent students who intend to start a graduate program in theoretical physics in 2024 like Perimeter Scholars International (PSI). Priority will be given to candidates who have identified topics in advanced undergraduate physics that they would like to learn
- Students who do not have access to those topics at their current university or institution
- Students who will not have other opportunities to learn those topics with a peer group
Documents to be submitted with the online application:
- If transcripts are in a language other than English, an English translation is required.
- Unofficial transcripts downloaded from the student’s institution are sufficient.
- Unofficial English translations are sufficient.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Minimum of one reference letter (up to two), where referees will be asked to evaluate the candidate’s abilities and motivation, academic background, and group collaboration skills.
- Statement of interest. The statement should describe the applicant’s reasons for applying to the Bridge program, the applicant’s preparation for the program, and any other information that may aid the admissions committee in evaluating the applicant’s ability and motivation to pursue a graduate degree in physics. A strong statement of interest will include a discussion of what physics and mathematics topics the applicant hopes to learn during the Bridge program.
- Within the application, students will be required to self-declare their level of English proficiency. Applicants may be contacted for an interview or may be asked to complete a short written assessment.
Financial support for PSI Bridge
While there are no participation fees for PSI Bridge, Perimeter Institute recognizes that participation in an online program may be a financial burden to some students. Financial support, such as IT equipment, is available to participants based on their needs.
Perimeter Institute is committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. The Institute offers positions to researchers and students of any nationality who are displaced or at risk in their home countries or their intended place of work/study due to war or conflict. Perimeter Institute provides support throughout the application process for applicants with disabilities. We work with you to understand the impact of your disability to appropriately accommodate you during the application process. Please contact [email protected] for assistance.